About this opportunity
Main activities • Directing the establishment of financial/accounting principles, procedures and practices in line with legal and corporate requirements. • Ensuring accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for the whole organisation so as to provide a clear insight into its financial condition. • Advising on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions and divestment of assets or businesses. • Ensuring that the profits of the organisation are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls; implementing and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures. • Implementing policies to ensure the security of funds and assets, guiding the lodgement of tax and other returns to comply with all statutory requirements, and administering insurance cover and claims.
Key skills • Requires formal qualifications (CPA/CA/CFA/BComm./AASA/ACA) and considerable practical experience in financial planning, reporting and control. • Sound knowledge of international exchange transactions and import/export activities. The ability to organise and control major accounting systems is also required.
Internal contacts Functional management, company secretary, internal audit, IT Manager.
External contacts Financial institutions, major customers & suppliers, external auditors, investment advisers.
Typical experience At least 10+ years practical experience in addition to tertiary qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15+ hours per month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.