About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Researching new security technology to decide what will most effectively protect your organisation.
- Attending cybersecurity conferences to hear firsthand accounts of other professionals who have experienced new types of cyberattacks.
- Reporting directly to upper management and working with the organisation’s computer and information systems manager or Chief Information Technology Officer (CIO) to design security or disaster recovery systems.
- Monitoring an organisation’s networks for security breaches and investigating violations.
- Installing software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
- Researching the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Recommending security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
- Helping computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.