About this opportunity
Are you an admin whizz? Do you like to go camping & have fun in the outdoors?
Are you organised, proactive & efficient?
Our adult volunteers need your support with administration and communications. Your role involves scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and minutes, coordinating a newsletter for members and other admin tasks for the District Manager and Unit Leaders.
This opportunity is mostly located in City of Melbourne local government area, but may involve quarterly travel to meet and network with other volunteers in Melbourne at our Region meetings.
No previous Girl Guides experience is necessary.
This role exists to provide admin support and coordinttion for the District Manager and the youth leaders who run Girl Guides sessions weekly in City of Melbourne area. As District Secretary, you will schedule and organise meetings of our volunteers, prepare agendas and minutes, coordinate our newsletter and get content from our youth leaders, and handle administrative tasks like booking venues and collating information for reports.
You are more likely to be successful in this role if you have administration skills in:
- Agendas and minutes
- Coordinating newsletters
The role is time-flexible and suitable for job sharing. Some formal meetings are required. Your District Manager will chair meetings where you will report on your role with administration.
- Weekly administration (flexible)
- Monthly or bimonthly meetings with the volunteers in your local area (2 hours)
- Quarterly meetings with the volunteers in your broader region (2 hours)
- E-Learning and face to face training (3-5 days annually)
- Camps and events are available (at your discretion)
- Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct
- Working With Childrens Check
- Police Check
- References x 2
- 1+ year position, with volunteers encouraged to extend their skills in same or other roles
There is strong and growing demand for Girl Guides in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, and this opportunity is a chance to ensure girls and young women have access to leadership and personal growth opportunities.
Covid-19 vaccination . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Successful applicants will be female, over 18 years old, computer literate, and comfortable working remotely.
Average 1-2 hours a week (flexible)Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Tutoring & Coaching