About this opportunity
Our Conference Members seek to engage the marginalised and disadvantaged and include them in activities via home and social visitation, advocating and other innovative local responses.
As a member, you will obtain a greater understanding of poverty and how it impacts the lives of people in your area. Experience a sense of belonging, community and personal achievement, knowing that you have helped those who need it most.
A St Vincent de Paul Conference Member gives a hand up by reaching out and providing immediate help, short term financial assistance and emotional support to those who have fallen on hard times.
Our members build trusting relationships with the people we assist. We work together to uncover vital long term solutions.
Conference work generally varies throughout NSW. You could expect a few hours commitment a fortnight or more if it can be spared.
The Conference Member Role
You can perform a variety of tasks including:
- Build trusting relationships with those in need;
- Providing assistance and/or making referrals to services within or outside the Society.
- Providing customers with an excellent experience;
- Collating and input data;
- General administration support;
- Monitoring group emails;
- Scanning and sending documents; and
- Assist with other administrative tasks.
The Conference Members we are seeking will ideally be:
- Willing to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW;
- Respectful of others and flexible in their attitude to work and the team;
- Compassionate with a non-judgemental attitude and a kind heart;
- Reliable, punctual and a good time manager, with a can-do attitude;
- Have computer and administration skills;
- Be a people person – welcoming, encouraging and positive; and
- Have a genuine desire to serve those in need.
No experience needed as in-house coaching and training is provided. We welcome those with previous administration experience and from various backgrounds to share their experience with their fellow Conference Members.
Why join Vinnies as a Conference member
It will provide an opportunity for those who would like to gain experience and an avenue for you to share your expertise and talents.
Your contribution as a Conference Member will bring you a feeling of satisfaction knowing you are working for an organisation that makes a difference for those in need.
If you are interested in becoming a much-valued Conference Member, please hit the APPLY button below.
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (Vinnies) assists people experiencing poverty and inequality and works to shape a more just and compassionate society. We assist in offering “a hand up” to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope, and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is committed to being a Child Safe Organisation. Vinnies has developed a clear, accountable and transparent Policy and Procedures to ensure that it complies with relevant legislation and that all children and young people who come into contact with Vinnies are kept safe and are supported to the best of our capacity.
St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is an Equal Opportunity host and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. Vinnies strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
2 current references
We are seeking volunteers who could help out for a few hours each week.Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
You will be trained and mentored at every stage. You will enjoy the support and community life that is part of our group.