About this opportunity
ABOUT US The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
**A typical day for our Recovery Volunteer Drivers ** Support participants by taking them to and from appointments and local services, which could include visits to medical centres, the Centrelink office, bank, a training day or a visit to the local library. Drivers also ensure the supplied vehicle is clean, safe and always has a sufficient amount of fuel ready for the next journey.
There’s plenty of opportunity to bring your work, life skills and experience, wherever you may have gathered them from! This role will call on your:
- Friendly and confident approach to help participants feel at ease and respected
- Professional work style to maintain discretion and confidentiality of participants’ information
- Reliability and organisational skills to ensure participants arrive to appointments on time
- Positive spirit to be part of a harmonious and dedicated team
There are two positions available for this role.
**Qualifications & Experience **
- Experience in a similar role is highly regarded
**Mandatory Requirements **
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration, training and induction modules and any other training as required
- Integrity Checks may be required. The Salvation Army is a child-safe organisation.
- Current Open Queensland drivers licence – with a good driving history (supported by a
- Traffic History Report)
**Work Health & Safety **
- Understand and use PPE as required
- Work according to policy and procedure
- Look after personal and organisational property
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
If you can bring any or all these skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us today! Please advise availability in "Interests, skills & qualifications
The Salvation Army values its workforce and provides an inclusive work environment, embracing the diverse talent of its people. The Salvation Army is a child-safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. *We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration. *
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Traffic Check *. Working with Children Check *.
This role is flexible, with shifts available Monday - Sunday. Be sure to advise of your availability in your expression of interestSuitable for
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
Orientation, induction and on-going training will be provided