About this opportunity
God's Love Care Feed is currently the largest Foodbank distributor in NSW and partners with various other charity groups and churches both in Burwood and the broader inner west area. We also assist with providing food for annual missions and special events that are run for disadvantaged communities in rural areas. God’s Love Care Feed charity shop takes walk-in customers and also operates as a pickup location for our partners who deliver food to the community.
Days: Monday to Friday – morning and afternoon shifts, 3 hours per session (peak time 9.30am to 11.30am), flexible
About the role
The role of Charity Worker is to assist in the distribution of food to people in need.
Volunteers would help staff at the Burwood-based centre, which collects food from Foodbank in Glendenning and offers a collection point for both individuals and other distribution charities in the area, seeking to reach those with particular disadvantage.
Range of duties available according to personal capacities: van loading and unloading, food box preparation, cleaning and sanitising, receipt of donations. Social skills for client engagement are also valued (but challenging to apply currently, as everyone must ensure safe practices during COVID restrictions).
The suitable volunteer will have the following attributes:
- Honest, reliable, friendly and helpful.
- Non-judgmental and respectful
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Passionate about empowering individuals, children and families in the community experiencing disadvantage and ongoing crisis
- Customer service – ability to assistance and provide general information as appropriate
- A willingness to follow policies, procedures and instructions.
- Willingness to provide photo ID proof of identity and address.
- Willingness to receive induction training.
- Agreement to our code of conduct (addressing honesty, reporting problems, etc.).
- Optional lifting opportunities presume knowledge of safe lifting practices.
National Police Certificate *.
• Willingness to provide photo ID proof of identity and address.
• Willingness to receive induction training.
• Agreement to our code of conduct (addressing honesty, reporting problems, etc.).
• Optional lifting opportunities presume knowledge of safe lifting practices.
Monday to Friday – morning and afternoon shifts, 3 hours per session (peak time 9.30am to 11.30am), flexibleSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Retail & Sales
Training and induction will be provided. God’s Love Care Feed are mindful and trained to support clients and volunteers with social distancing, health and safety procedures.