About this opportunity
It is incredibly sad how many of our elderly are alone, particularly at this time of year. Last year we had one lady cry and say that she had not received a gift in over 6 years! By volunteering for the appeal you can help STAR to spread Christmas joy after another challenging year.
You can volunteer to help with any (or all) of the following:
- collect donations from local businesses
- wrap gifts
- deliver gifts to seniors
Christmas appeal tasks include:
- collecting donations (gifts and non-perishable food items) from designated pick up points and, with permission, take a photo of the donor/s
- gift wrapping at our Cleveland, Ipswich and Gold Coast offices
- delivering Christmas gifts to community groups/members
- all or a combination of these duties
We seek volunteers with the following attributes:
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- a positive and friendly attitude
Plus for collection and delivery of donations
- the ability to engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- the ability to deal with vulnerable clients with complex needs
National Police Certificate *.
All volunteers who deliver gifts to seniors will need to obtain a Federal Police Check. Successful applicants will be assisted by STAR to obtain this.
Volunteers can volunteer for one or more days. It's up to you! Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm to be negotiated with volunteer coordinatorSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events
- Seniors & Aged Care
Full training provided