About this opportunity
Special Olympics Australia was established in 1976 providing sporting opportunities for people with an intellectual disability of all ages and abilities. Our global mission is to provide year-round sports training, quality coaching, and competition in 16 Olympic and Olympic-type sports for children and adults with an intellectual disability, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community. We create accessible sports training, coaching, and competition opportunities for all people with an intellectual disability whether they want to take part in recreational activities, aspire to climb the competition ladder, or seek additional opportunities outside of our program.
Brief Overview of Volunteer Role
Assist the State Committee in creating, posting, and identifying content for social media channels to create awareness and brand recognition for the State of Victoria.
The successful candidate must have prior experience in developing and managing social media pages and have a proven track record of increasing traffic to specific platforms.
- Plan, Write and Post communications via the state's social media platforms
- Plan, Write and Distribute communications to the state's members
- Identify content, create and distribute a monthly newsletter
- Keep social media channels updated and relevant
- Identify new opportunities to engage the state's members
- Share social posts from the national office
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with social media platforms
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to create engaging text, image, and video content
- Previous experience with PR/Marketing
- Understanding of and commitment to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- Understanding of the workings of not-for-profit and/or national disability organisations
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Previous experience with Mailchimp or similar marketing platforms
Please send your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing your experience, suitability, and availability for this position by emailing us at hrvolun[email protected] Please note that if you do not include these documents, your application shall not be considered.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
This role will require a minimum of 1 year of attendance for approximately a minimum of 2 hours per week. There are no specific days of work, these hours can be done whenever there is a need or whenever you have availability.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Sport & Physical Activity