About this opportunity
The Australia Day Council of South Australia (ADCSA) is an independent, non-profit, membership-based association.
Our purpose is to celebrate our identity and the values that unite us, to illuminate the achievements of inspirational Australians and to promote a welcoming and inclusive society.
We are looking for volunteers who are committed and willing to work alongside our specialised events team to assist with
- The Australian of the Year Presentation evening
- The Citizen of the Year event
- Australia Day-developing of meaningful content to support First Nations communities and activation across the City
- The Australian of the Year Luncheon
We are looking for a broad range of people that can demonstrate commitment, reliability, well presented and are keen to engage with the South Australian community. These events are conducted throughout the year and we can shape your volunteer experience around your availability.
We are also looking for a small group of people interested in doing some research tasks from home or from our office.
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment