About this opportunity
- Own transport or capacity to organise
- Working with children check (Over 18’s)
- Completed Volunteer form and undertaken volunteer induction
- Check-in/sign in to centre upon arrival and departure EACH time the centre is attended
- Use of appropriate PPE when undertaking tasks (Some provided)
- General plant/gardening knowledge.
- Weekly/fortnightly availability to maintain gardens around buildings & in high traffic areas.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to follow verbal instructions or follow a written list of tasks
- Ability to work alone or in small groups
- Be able to walk unaided on uneven ground.
- Capacity to communicate with other people around the centre (including participants)
Duties & Task Examples:
- Planting cuttings
- Watering garden beds
- Assisting with new plant selection/planting
- Getting up and down in the garden beds
- Bagging garden waste to be removed or adding to the compost pile
- Put away any equipment used and store it correctly
We have a COVIDSafe plan and training in place. This includes the use QR codes, social distancing and attendance protocols
Benefits: Come along and join our centre as a Volunteer to find enjoyment by working alongside our horses and participants. We work in a fun, rural outdoor setting located in the Hawkesbury District, NSW.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
Approx 3 hour blocksSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Disability Support
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
Can be provided