About this opportunity
- Own transport or capacity to organise
- Working with children check (Over 18’s)
- Completed volunteer form and undertaken volunteer induction
- Check-in/sign in to centre upon arrival and departure EACH time they attend the centre.
- Undertaken RDA appropriate training in horse handling, preparation and leading (ongoing)
- Previous horse handling experience
- Prior horse ownership (Non-essential)
- Availability to attend the centre on an ongoing weekly basis
Skills and Attributes:
- Horse handling skills (training provided)
- Ability to remain self-motivated
- Ability to follow instructions
- Capacity to assess horse behaviour and communicate to Coach or Horse Manager when a horse does not seem to be acting completely “normal”.
- Be able to walk unaided on uneven ground
Duties & Task Examples:
- Leading multiple types of horses during RDA program sessions
- Assisting in the preparation of horses prior to sessions (Grooming & tacking up)
- If leading is not required, walking alongside participants during sessions
- Assist with handing out equipment during sessions (where required)
- Packing down of arena
- Assistance to take horses back to paddocks once sessions have finished.
- Clean manure in horse yards (where necessary)
We have a COVIDSafe plan and training in place. This includes the use QR codes, social distancing and attendance protocols
Benefits: Come along and join our centre as a Volunteer to find enjoyment by working alongside our horses and participants. We work in a fun, rural outdoor setting located in the Hawkesbury District, NSW.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
3 hour blocksSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Working with Animals