About this opportunity
Lutheran Care is looking for Crèche Assistant volunteers to assist in our crèches located in Ingle Farm and other locations across the northern suburbs in the City of Salisbury area. You have the opportunity to become part of a team helping to care for children attending the crèche by:
• Assisting to provide creative, fun and engaging activities for children aged 0 to 6yrs • Helping children to connect with each other and enjoy their time together • Providing a warm, welcoming, nurturing and inclusive environment for children.
The Family Zone provides programs designed to help increase the confidence and skills of parents with young children. We offer parenting groups, home visiting, conversational English, Middle Eastern Women’s Group and financial counselling.
Crèche is provided to parents attending services at the Family Zone and other sites as required.
Volunteering with Lutheran Care requires a Working with Children Check and National Police Check, along with training in Safe Environments for Children and Young People. These checks are free for volunteers and Lutheran Care covers the cost of the other requirements.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemic, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
We are looking for volunteers to assist for a minimum of one 2 hour shift Monday to Friday. More shifts available as crèches operate across the week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Arts, Craft & Photography
Safe Environments for Children and Young People