About this opportunity
As a Local Event Host / Team member you will be:
- Be available on the competition weekend (19 – 21 August 2022)
- Have an interest in any of the following areas: marketing, registration, technology, organising suppliers, event management etc. (physical events)
- Work with your Regional Team and GovHacks’ support teams to facilitate on the day team formation and building
- Work with your team to develop a roster during the GovHack competition weekend
- Engage with participants during your state's Connections Event
- Provide direction to find technical support and other support to competitors, during the competition weekend. Training will be provided by the GovHack Technology team for this
- Facilitation & Leadership Experience- you must be able to delegate, be confident in pointing people in the right direction and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Great Communicator- we want someone to excite participants
- Energetic, fun and adaptable! We need you to direct and lead with confidence and flair!
- An interest in Hackathons or a passion for GovHack
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Reliable – your team will be dependent on you
- Availability – we need people with time over competition weekend.
(20 – 22 August) Competition Weekend – to coordinate and manage setup and delivery of your local event. You do not need to be available for the entire 46 hours, a minimum of 12 hours availability during this time is preferred*. Availability should be discussed with your team and Regional Lead to ensure coverage between 8AM – 10PM local time. *Subject to local requirements. Following the competition weekend, we expect approximately 5 hours post-event.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
You will be supported and managed by your Regional Lead. Further support from the various IOT teams i.e. volunteer management, marketing and communications will be provided as required to team members. Regional Teams will also be able to access Operations Support for further assistance.