About this opportunity
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities, and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
The Club Treasurer will be responsible for providing sound financial management, governance and administrative support to ensure the club is able to deliver on its development objectives.
Operationally, the Treasurer is responsible for the accurate accounting of monies received by the Club including all related banking activities. In addition, the Treasurer is responsible for ensuring the Club has effective processes and controls in place to maintain proper financial stewardship of funds under its care.
The Treasurer will be required to provide timely financial reporting to the Club LT whilst advising on financial strategy, fundraising and budgeting activities to ensure agreed outcomes for the Club are met.
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of financial accounting with demonstrated experience of effectively managing capital and/or assets.
**Key Responsibilities **
- Maintain and provide club financial reports as requested. Reports to comply with required accounting standards, SOA policies, relevant Charitable Fundraising Acts and ATO charity guidelines.
- Support the annual budget preparation and planning process for the club
- Keep an accurate record of all payments and monies received
- Maintain an accurate register of assets and conduct annual stock take
- Prepare and provide the Treasurers report at Club LT meetings and on ad-hoc basis when requested by the Chair or by SOA
- Oversee compliance with the SOA code of conduct by all members of the Club
- Compliance with all WH&S legislation and SOA WH&S Policy
- Assist Club LT in Club Accreditation process – every 2 years
**Key Tasks **
- To be responsible for the receipt and payment of monies on behalf of the Club LT in line with ATO guidelines and consistent with SOA mission
- To ensure the club complies with relevant accounting standards, SOA policies and the relevant Charitable Fundraising Acts.
- To prepare and present an annual budget to the Club LT and members at the AGM
- To prepare and present financial reports and statements as required by the Club LT, State LT and SOA Finance team
- To maintain a register of assets held by the Club LT and to conduct annual stock takes of those assets.
- Attend treasurer meetings as required
- To update Club LT on key financial matters pertaining to club activities
Please send your resume and a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) detailing your experience, suitability, and availability for this position by emailing us at hrvol[email protected]
Please note that if you do not include these documents, your application shall not be considered.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organisation and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
This role will require a minimum of 2 years of attendance for approximately a minimum of 3 to 5 hours per week and attendance at Club LT meetings. You also must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends too.Suitable for
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees