About this opportunity
About the role:
As a Blogger / Content Writer / Copywriter you'll develop and write content for websites and campaigns to help achieve the SEO & Marketing objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for talented writers to gain experience.
This role is remote based in any part of Australia.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the brand through copy.
- Be creative and take on existing content into an agreed style and tone of voice
- Develop a strategy that enables to achieve SEO objectives
- Create engaging, long- and short-form editorial and advertorial content across new articles, static pages, and updates to existing content
- Ensure the reach and impact of content is amplified through SEO and digital marketing best practices
- Create Email marketing campaigns
- Be able to help come up with interesting contents
- Be self-driven, well organised and able to manage their own time and priorities
- Measure and monitor the impact of your writing against goals and objectives
- Have a passion for writing exceptional content & selecting beautiful imagery
- Be able to proofread and publish your work and the work of others, with a keen eye for editing
- Have knowledge and understanding of SEO best practices and attracting quality traffic
- A passion for thought leadership and content
- A creative mind and always thinking of ways to improve the service you offer
- A desire to learn and willingness to take feedback onboard
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Have experience working in WordPress or similar CMS
- Have experience sending EDMs and newsletter campaigns in a platform like Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, or Hubspot
- Have experience designing simple graphic content using Canva
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organization is a great place to be.
- We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentor-ship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
- You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
- Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn profile
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment
Timing is flexible as we work remotely from homeSuitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Administration & Office Management
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing