About this opportunity
Ted Noffs Foundation is a nationwide Not For Profit Charity that help disenchanted youth get back on their feet with a lot of different services, including emergency social housing, safe spaces, drug and alcohol counselling to name a few. One of their main income revenues for these services come from their shops.
We will be opening a new store with a sorting warehouse attached to it in early July! Hence we are looking for a lot of new volunteers to assist in sorting donations!
We sell something for everyone from women's and men's clothing to bric a brac and books.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Sorting donations into different categories
- Researching different brands to determine the value of each item
All our shops have COVID precautions in place to keep our volunteers and customers safe. This includes per person store limits, santise stations and temperature checks for volunteers.
Noffs is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, LGBTIQA+ community and people of colour.
By return email you will receive a link to complete our application form, please look out for this email.
- Join a fun team that's passionate about making a difference in our local community and to the lives of young people
- Become part of your local community and contribute to a sustainable future
- Meet like minded individuals and build connections
Working with Children Check *.
Volunteers need to commit to one shift a week, for 3.5 hours. The shifts available at 10am till 1:30pm or 1:30pm till 5pm Monday - Sunday.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Retail & Sales
Training and induction session + on the job training