About this opportunity
- Set up the planned activities and games
- Help tidy up at the end of activities
- Help sanitise and wipe toys and play matts
- Support the parents and children attending this playgroup
- Support any administrative tasks relating to the playgroup, including attendance records and registration of new families
- Promotion of the program
- Participate in end of term toy clean-up day
Essential skills :
- Experience in working with children
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Team player
- Ability and understanding of working in a diverse community
- Time management and organisational skills
- Working with Children Check (MCCSA will help you to apply for this at no cost)
- Vulnerable person related screening
- Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care
Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-1pmSuitable for
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers