About this opportunity
Every Cat Matters For over 50 years Cat Haven has been an integral part of our local community. Within this time hundreds of staff and volunteers have been committed to rescuing, rehoming and raising awareness for cats all over WA.
How can you help? We currently require motivated, dedicated Volunteers to work on-site at our shelter! Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months. On-site volunteers assist with the following:
- Washing litter trays & food bowls
- Cleaning cat enclosures *Behaviour enrichment
Three shifts per day are available: 8.00am - 11.00am, 10.00am - 1.00pm, and 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Don't miss your chance to meet like minded people and learn more about cats, while supporting Cat Haven!
Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *.
* Previous exposure to animals is advantageous, but not essential
* Volunteers must be 18 years or older
* Volunteers must be physically fit with the ability to lift up to 10kgs on a regular basis,
as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport
cats around the site
* You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be
able to work without direct supervision
* You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and
members of the public, providing assistance if required
One, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months. Shifts are either 8.00am - 11.00am, 10.00am - 1.00pm, or 1.00pm - 4.00pmType of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
On-site training provided