About this opportunity
Duties of a Courthouse Support Volunteer include :
- Being a friendly and approachable face for victims/witnesses attending the Darwin Local Court
- Assisting victims and/or witnesses with their orientation to the court
- Offering support using a strengths-based approach that demonstrates active listening, empathy, and reassurance, but does not engage around the detail of any matters that are before the court..
- Raising awareness of the services provided by VoCNT with relevant legal stakeholders
- Approaching potential clients to offer information about what to expect on their day in court
- Providing opportunities for victims to be referred to a Victim Support Officer (VSO) or other appropriate specialised services
- Providing general support to victims, their families and prosecution witnesses during their contact with the court and justice system
- Providing assistance to victims and witnesses in completing paperwork where required
- Completing any administrative requirements/forms for input into database.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about making a difference in their community. The ability to interact with empathy and sensitivity to a diverse range of people who are impacted by a crime is essential.