About this opportunity
The Organisation: For the past 54 years, Cure Cancer has invested in groundbreaking young scientists at the very start of their cancer research careers. Many of these researchers have gone on to become leaders in cancer research globally, making breakthroughs that have changed the outlook for countless cancer patients all over the world.
The Event: The Frontline Lunch is a waterfront lunch that celebrates those at the frontline of cancer research where you will hear from a panel of inspirational speakers discussing cancer today, policy and advocacy, nutrition, wellness and cancer prevention.
The Role: This volunteer role is ideal for someone looking to make an everyday impact on the future of cancer research by supporting our Event Coordinator with our Frontline Lunch event on Friday 14th May 9am-3pm in Pyrmont.
- Support with event logistics end to end, including event preparation (eg. assembling gift bags) and on the day support
- Assist with selling raffle tickets, the ideal candidate would feel comfortable approaching people in a social setting and enticing them to purchase tickets
- Administration tasks for event
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Help in ushering guests around throughout the event
Skills & Experience:
- Interest in event management, fundraising or in related field
- Warm personality with strong communication and written skills
- Comfortable in a large group setting and confident in asking for support e.g. selling tickets for raffle/prize draw
- Good team worker
- A proven eye for detail
- Proficient in MS Office
4 hours weekly (Mon-Fri) leading up to the event at our office at Town Hall. Also required on Friday 14th May 9:00m-3:00pm at the Frontline Lunch event.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Fundraising & Events