About this opportunity
ABOUT US: Happy Paws Happy Hearts (HPHH) brings socially isolated people together in groups to care for and train rescue animals. The unique twist is that we deliver training at local rescue shelters and wildlife sanctuaries. Instead of taking trained pets to people, we've demonstrated a more robust and scalable model, which takes the people to animals in need. This entirely new approach to animal therapy is a win-win for two complex social challenges.
We want to be an excellent example of what's possible when supporting people in social isolation. HPHH is leading the way in delivering purposeful programs for NDIS participants and people with injuries. Our programs provide opportunities for personal development and a forum to create genuine connections with their peers, all while contributing to the community. When the participants work with each other as the care for rescue dogs, cats and farmyard animals, we have seen substantial personal growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Be apart of helping someone build their own self-confidence and bring joy to their day! Volunteers also get to meet and work with an array of shelter animals, including:
- pocket pets
- farmyard animals
- Collecting, handling and returning approved shelter animals to/from pen
- Engaging with our participants positively and professionally
- Setting up/packing down rooms and cleaning equipment
- Assisting the Program Trainer in-session
- Over 18
- Confident with handling animals big and small
- Passionate about helping others
- Kind and empathetic disposition
- Autonomous and hard-working
- Have or are willing to obtain a Blue Card and an NDIS Worker Screening clearance (formerly known as a Yellow Card)
Does this sound like you? Hit 'APPLY' now!
Working with Children Check *.
- 18+, and an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (apply at https://workerscreening.communities.qld.gov.au/)
We operate Monday-Friday with two sessions a day (AM and PM). Our volunteers are only required to commit to one 4-hour shift a week. AM Shift - 8:30am-12:30pm PM Shift - 12:30pm-4:30pmSuitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Disability Support
- Working with Animals