About this opportunity
The Global Evergreening Alliance is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world. The organisation was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale. Its core members include World Vision, Conservation International, the World Resources Institute, the World Agroforestry Centre, CARE International, Oxfam, JustDiggit, Catholic Relief Services and The Nature Conservancy.
- Research and preparation of briefings and reports about carbon certification standards, and their application
- Research into areas including tree-growth curves and soil carbon
- Testing software relevant to landscape processes and carbon modelling.
Relevant skills and experience
- Research and report writing skills.
- knowledge of carbon credit certification standards / carbon market processes
- Knowledge of forestry / botany and tree growth measurements and modelling (desirable).
- Time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member to achieve shared goals.
WHY VOLUNTEER FOR THE ALLIANCE?
As a leading poverty alleviation/environmental organisation, The Alliance places high value on the contributions and commitments made by our team members. We offer you a rewarding volunteer role with a positive and inclusive workplace culture, flexible work practices and the opportunity to support Australian and international stakeholders to make a difference in alleviating poverty and restoring degraded environments.
The Global Evergreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, and to discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s child protection, anti-bullying and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or agree to apply for a Working with Children card.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, Cover Letter and contact details to [email protected] using the subject line: Carbon Markets Research Volunteer Application via Seek Volunteer
The volunteer will be required to obtain a National Criminal History Check and a Working with Children Check card.
The applicant should be available for 6-8 hours a week and the timing is flexible. Due to the international nature of the organisation, our core working hours are 9:30 - 2:30 allowing for out-of hours calls etc. All staff and volunteers are still working remotely.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- IT & Web Development
Learning by doing - spatial assessments, carbon credit certification. Training in the Australian Council for International Development Code of Conduct and Policies of the Alliance. Other opportunities as they arise.Reimbursement
Costs legitimately incurred in the course of volunteering (such as the cost of a police check) may be reimbursed