About this opportunity
Centennial Parklands' community volunteers are currently helping to restore a remnant bushland community called the Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub.
It's listed as a Critically Endangered Ecological Community, and is restricted to less than 1% of its original area.
Tasks may include, depending upon the site and on an as-needs basis: removal of invasive species by hand, soil stimulation and seed collection.
COVID safe procedures are in place for volunteers.
- It's a fantastic way to connect and socialise with like-minded people and the environment,
- Improving your health and wellbeing by getting active in the outdoors,
- It's a practical way to improve the natural environment,
- Learning new skills and improving knowledge in ecology, native and exotic plant identification and weed control methods. All tasks are completed in accordance with COVID safe practices.
Good level of fitness
9am - 12noon one Sunday a monthType of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
onsite hands on training during volunteer sessions