About this opportunity
Direct Delivery: The Books on Wheels Volunteer Driver position provides an important part in the provision of the Books on Wheels services by:
- Delivery of collection items to members nominated home address.
- Providing member feedback/information to the Volunteer Supervisor and library staff.
- Returning collection items to the library.
Driver's Licence (C) . Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *.
- A current ‘C’ class Australian Driver’s License is essential to drive a Council vehicle.
Good customer services skills.
- Experience driving a light vehicle in changing traffic conditions.
- Ability to and understanding of the need to respect and maintain member privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to safely carry out all the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Able to physically manage light-medium repetitive lifting tasks for the transfer of library items
- Good navigational skills.
Volunteers deliver to clients every 4 weeks (excluding Public Holidays). Start time is from 9.30am with an average run taking approx. x2 hrs dependent on traffic conditions and the number of deliveries.Suitable for
- People Learning English
- Driving & Transportation
Induction - prior to commencement; Orientation - from day one of volunteering