About this opportunity
Carevan needs assistance with delivery of goods and donations (such as hampers of fruit, veg and other food items or blankets and clothing) in and around Blacktown LGA)
- Items need to be delivered to the evening meal service on Tuesday ( approx 6:30) and/or pick up donations though the week and deliver to our storage areas. -Tasks/ pickups will vary from week to week, but principally involve Tuesdays but may include other days depending on the task
- We require assistance short term also with pick up and delivery of hampers from OzHarvest in Alexandria to Lalor Park ( for the next 7 weeks) SKILLS:
- you need to be a nice person!
- A licensed driver,
- preferably with your own vehicle (we have a van and can be used but it is used for multiple tasks and likely not to be available)
- lifting is required ( small boxes/ hampers) repetitive lifting rather than heavy
- Flexibility in time and availability, principally Tuesdays Carevan is run by dedicated volunteers, who all work full time and the logistics of collection and delivery of the necessary supplies is a weekly issue. Your assistance with this easy but time consuming task, would be truly invaluable. You can find Carevan Blacktown on the web at carevanblacktown.org.au or on facebook. We'd love to talk with you and discuss any possibility of assistance.
Driver's Licence (C) .
We are looking for a person who is available and happy to help us help others.
This is not a high powered or exciting opportunity but it is a necessary task that we are otherwise struggling to achieve with a small team of hardworking volunteers.
Would suit a retired person or anyone with a little spare time, who wants to do some community service and become part of the Carevan Family, delivering care to those most in need of support.
Tuesday; afternoons/ evenings 3-4 hours Other days and time will depend on task and we can coordinate pick ups / delivery as a collective depending of drivers availability.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
nil training requiredReimbursement
We are a charity and rely on goodwill and volunteer services but could offer reimbursement of toll and fuel costs. To be discussed.