About this opportunity
As a helper at the Expo you may be:
- A gate attendant; helping people check-in, monitoring attendance numbers, and ensuring COVID regulations are followed
- A general Expo helper (eg visitor directions; site signage set-up/take-down; site tidy-up; etc)
- A COVID marshall (ensuring COVID protocols are followed)
- A parking marshall Expo volunteers must be 18+ and it would be a bonus if you are willing to complete the easy 15-20 min online COVID course (optional) before the event. When applying, please ensure your 'Interests, skills & qualifications' profile includes any past experience in event coordination (though not essential) and indicate if you have a preference for any particular duties. You will be needed on site at the Expo near Mundaring on Sunday 2 May from approx. 8.00am to 3.00pm. Background information about the event can be found on the WA Hiking Expo website. You will need to travel independently to the Expo venue in Mundaring on the event day.
Driver's Licence (C) .
Optional: Complete 15-20 min online COVID course (requires registration on www.health.gov.au website) to obtain "Infection Control Training - COVID-19" Certificate.
7 hours on Sunday 2 May 2021: 8.00am to 3.00pm (on site at Expo venue in Mundaring).Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- Work Experience
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Sport & Physical Activity
An induction / briefing of volunteers and allocation of roles will be provided on site on the day of the event by an event manager/coordinator.