About this opportunity
‘Til The Cows Come Home (TTCCH) is a charity organisation working with farmers to rehome unwanted / unviable farm animals into loving forever homes. Together with our dedicated team of volunteers, we do this by connecting with compassionate farmers, educating them on our organisations goals and working with them to arrange relocation of their unwanted animals into temporary foster care, while permanent adopters are identified.
Funds raised through our social medial and other fundraising efforts go directly to the efforts of transporting and relocating animals to a temporary foster carer or a holding station, animal feed, water and veterinary care as well as foster and adoption support. Our work is carried out by a volunteer workforce who are not financially rewarded for their efforts but are highly dedicated and committed to our vision and are rewarded by knowing they are saving lives every day.
We currently seek to fill vacancies on the TTCCH Board including a Chair Person and Non-Executive Directors. These rewarding volunteer directorships will appeal to people with an interest / experience in the animal welfare 'not for profit' sector.
We are specifically looking to complement our current directors with people who have skills and expertise in any of the following areas:
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Finance and Accounting
- Legal / Governance
- Animal logistics
- Veterinary science / Farm animal health
- Business and Commercial Enterprise
- Digital and Cyber Innovation
Interested candidates with the following will be highly regarded:
- Ability to attend board meetings in person (Tamborine Mountain, Gold Coast location) or ability to attend virtual board meetings when scheduled.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A network in the community to champion the work of TTCCH
- Time to champion the work of TTCCH
- Understanding and commitment to the vision and mission of TTCCH
For a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities, contact Donna Wild, CEO on [email protected] tilthecowscomehome.org or mobile 0448 852 070. Written applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] by Friday 23/04/2021 and addressed to Donna Wild, CEO.
Board directors will be required to attend 3 board meetings annually. Additional availability to contribute to organisational activities and projects throughout the year would be appreciated but is not essential.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees