About this opportunity
- Actively work to identify risks that impact on SOWFI (including financial, safety, security, reputational and animal-based risks)
- Develop treatment plans for identified risks
- Support the Policy Writers in the preparation of appropriate policies as a method of risk treatment (when required)
- Monitor identified risks and treatments
- Maintain the SOWFI risk register
- Provide monthly reporting to the Board Secretary on new risks or changes to the organisation’s risk profile
Skills & Experiences:
- Experience managing organisational risk (ideally in a volunteer or wildlife rescue setting)
- Microsoft Office skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within team environments
- Strong attention to detail
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
5 hours per weekType of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Working with Animals