About this opportunity
- Remain up to date with external policies or strategies which may impact on the operation of the organisation, such as changes to legislation or political will.
- Remain up to date with current research or trends in regarding wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and release
- Support the maintenance of SOWFI’s internal policies
- Prepare and maintain external facing evidence-based position statements detailing SOWFI’s position on topics that relate to native wildlife and the work of SOWFI
- Identify and respond to opportunities for SOWFI to provide evidence-based input into future decision making by external bodies, including government inquiries or public consultation.
- With the sub-committee Chair and direction from the Board, consider the strategic opportunities for SOWFI to advocate the conservation and protection of native wildlife and identify ways for SOWFI to respond.
- Completed, or be in the final year before completion of, either a degree in: Law or Wildlife, environment, conservation, ecology or a related field
- Have a broad understanding of the impacts on native wildlife and potential policy impacts.
- Superb ability to write in way that conveys an evidence-based message which convinces the audience.
- Ability to research and integrate evidence a larger written piece of work
- Strategic thinker
- Microsoft Office skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within team environments
- Strong attention to detail
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
5 hours per weekType of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Working with Animals