About this opportunity
- Undertake membership recruitment, attraction and selection activities
- Undertake membership promotion, retention and renewal activities of the Association;
- Implement, in conjunction with the Membership sub-committee, the procedures for assessment of all applicants for membership, and make recommendations to the Committee;
- Research, assess, undertake feasibility studies into, and report to the Committee on, trends in benefits offered by other member organizations to their members;
- Define the member benefits offered by the Association from time to time; Develop, and oversee conduct of, member surveys undertaken to ensure that the member benefits offered by the Association remain relevant;
- Develop and refine marketing materials that promote the member benefits offered by the Association;
- Develop efficient processes for the attraction, induction, retention and exit of Members;
- Undertake member induction procedures and ensure that each new Member receives a membership certificate and that the name of each new Member (who provides consent) is published in an appropriate publication of the Association;
- Present membership reports to the Membership Officer;
- Represent SOWFI to membership and in the general community
Skills & Experiences:
- HR qualification
- Values orientation
- Availability of 5 hours per week
- Committed to supporting and preserving Wildlife and the Environment
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
5 hours per weekType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Writing & Editing