About this opportunity
A core value of The Salvation Army (TSA) is to support the needs of individuals and communities. Thrift Shops perform a vital role in raising much needed funds to support local programs and services provided by TSA.
Under the direction of the Shop Manager the Social Media Assistant volunteer role provides practical support and assistance to our Thrift Shop in monitoring, developing and providing social media content that is in line with our values, branding, initiatives, shop related activities and events. This role will offer support in helping our Manager by supplying content and/or administering content as needed to assist with online sales, community presence and promotions.
Key Tasks Of The Role Include
- Assist in developing social media posts
- Respond to social media enquiries from Corps
- Monitor Facebook content
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- No formal qualifications are required, however, Facebook and broader social media know-how is essential
- A strong eye for detail and experience in graphic design, marketing or communications is essential
- You will have a focused customer service approach
- Excellent computer skills are expected
- Experience in using various social media platforms
- Good copy writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of marketing and promotion strategies are beneficial
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete the TSA mission volunteer induction, training and registration process
- Complete integrity checks as required by TSA - a National Police check will be required for the role. TSA is a ChildSafe workplace
Roster & Time Commitment
- Day and time of work is flexible and negotiable the shop manager. Work can be done from a home office.
- Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
National Police Certificate *.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Education & Training
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing