About this opportunity
Skills and Experiences:
- A good understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) but not essential.
- Reasonable understanding of working with people with a disability and related systems.
- Excellent governance knowledge and demonstrated experience working with a not-for-profit org.
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and the management of a day option centre for people with a disability. Superior level of communication skills and the ability to lead a team of support workers.
- NDIS knowledge preferred
Driver's Licence (C) .
Preferably living in the North
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10am-4pmType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees