About this opportunity
Funky Friends is a life skills/social program for women living with a disability. We require a dynamic, critical thinker that can assist the facilitator with the program development and implementation and also provide the participants with the support they need. Duties include but are not limited to setting up the meeting space, researching activities, receipting of fees, recording attendance and cleaning up after the program has ended for the day. If you would like more details of the duties and responsibilites then please email us your expression of interest via the email provided.
Successful candidate will have an outgoing personality and have a passion for helping others. A proven work history or qualifications in Social Work/Disability Services/Community Services will be highly regarded.
Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Wednesday 10am until 4pmType of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support