About this opportunity
In this role your duties will have both strategic and operational responsibilities They include:
- Work closely with the AAOP board to create impactful and achievable marketing metrics which demonstrate effectiveness of all marketing activities across all channels.
- Develop AAOP’s content direction, ensuring it is aligned with AAOP’s broader organisational strategy.
- Work closely with the R&D team to communicate the unique elements of our flagship product with respective audiences
- Monitor, and report to board on marketing campaign data to ensure they’re delivering against key KPIs.
- Implement creative marketing campaigns aligned with AAOP’s strategy that drive engagement and brand positioning.
- Lead the Marketing team in designing, building, and planning creative content to a release schedule
- Oversee the production and distribution of marketing and communications collateral for AAOP including information for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Lead and manage one marketing direct report to successfully achieve marketing outcomes.
- Marketing or communications degree or related discipline (Tertiary)
- Strong understanding of modern marketing platforms (i.e., social media, G suite, google analytics)
- Experience in a marketing coordinator, digital marketing specialist or related role
- Proven track record in successful delivery and evaluation of marketing campaigns
- Exhibiting strong attention to detail
- An organised worker who can operate autonomously
- Excellent organisation and time-management. Proven ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Be able to agilely work in a flexible, ambiguous environment
- Able to build and managing internal and external relationships
- Passionate about promoting cultural equity for Asian Australians and other CALD communities.
- Understanding of digital marketing practices, i.e., SEM/SEO.
- Has expertise in a Not for Profit/charity space.
- Experience leading marketing campaigns relating to crowd funding and/or donations
- Interest or background in psychology or UX design.
What’s in it for you
AAOP is a purposeful not for profit run by a team of psychologists who seek to make a real impact in the community for all Asian Australians. Apart from making a significant contribution to your community working with us also come with many benefits:
- We’ll allow you to vastly increase your network. Working with us will allow you to make meaningful connections with passionate and respected professionals across a diverse range of industries, giving you the opportunity to build your professional network and brand.
- AAOP is run by a group of psychologists who are passionate about learning and development. And as such, we foster a culture of learning and growth in our organisation. Volunteering with us will give you the opportunity to sharpen a range of professional skills such as: strategic thinking, people management and marketing management. For instance, a mentoring program with a skilled and experienced AAOP member is available for volunteers. AAOP provides a safe environment for you to take risks, push yourself and grow.
- Volunteering with AAOP will give you the opportunity to bolster your CV. If you’re a marketing professional who has an eye on a marketing lead role in the future, this is a great opportunity to gain experience in the role before you actually practice the role, boosting your prospects down the track.
- You’ll get to make a real difference to the lives of others. At AAOP you’ll be a part of a socio-cultural movement, helping to make our community a fairer, more positive, and better place for everyone. Come and work on purposeful work and be a part of real positive change!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Candidates will need to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week that can be spread out flexibly across the week (excluding meetings).Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
AAOP is run by a group of psychologists who specialise in capability uplift and professional development - we will provide mentoring and coaching for your career endeavours.