About this opportunity
The Volunteer Manager is expected to: • provide 4-5 hours per week • be informed of the services provided by Citizen Tasmania and publicly support them • comply with all Citizen Tasmania policy and procedures • sign and adhere to a confidentiality agreement • declare any conflict of interests both personal and public as they arise. The Volunteer Manager role includes, in collaboration with the Director: • overseeing the organisation’s volunteer policy and procedures • recommending volunteer recruitment strategies and action plans • responding to volunteer applications • recruiting, inducting, rewarding, recognising and evaluating volunteers • being aware of best practice and standards in volunteer management • identifying volunteer training, learning and development opportunities if they arise.
National Police Certificate *.
Desirable skills and attributes:
• High level communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to represent the diversity of our community (through lived or direct experience) and/or a commitment to social inclusion principles.
• experience successfully managing volunteers for other not-for-profit organisations
• references are required.
4-5 hours per weekSuitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Tutoring & Coaching