About this opportunity
Duties: Working under the direction of designated Ward 1G staff: • Work in the open ward activity room • Utilise art and craft material to provide an activity • Setting up and packing up of material
• Ability and genuine interest in working with people with a mental illness
• Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality • Good interpersonal skills • Effective listening and communication skills • Complete a satisfactory National Police Clearance certificate renewable every 3 years
Skills: • Craft • Art
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Monday Morning 10.30 to 12.30. Or if an afternoon is preferred 1.30pm to 3.30pm Wednesday or Thursday is available.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support