About this opportunity
**Main activities **
- Processing more complicated functions related to Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable and General Accounting duties, including invoicing, preparation and processing of cheques, payment advice, performing bank reconciliations, compiling debtor statements and statutory returns, performing petty cash reconciliations and preparing related routine documentation and correspondence.
- Making journal or data entries and extracting statistical data and reports from records for analysis. • Performing month-end accounting procedures and producing weekly, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly reports as required. • Maintaining records of documents processed for ready access and for producing various reports according to operating procedures. • Preparing debtor lists, contacting clients in order to procure outstanding payments and escalating longstanding/delinquent debtors to more Senior staff. • Obtaining authorisation for payment from appropriate personnel, allocating expenditure to the correct budget account and arranging for the drawing of cheques and other forms of payment. • Calculating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per fortnight (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Mandate Reporting/Child Safety, Mental Health, First Nations/Cultural Awareness, Fair Work Ombudsman Trainings, and others as negotiated.