About this opportunity
Our Run Vollies are rostered into teams which rotate through scheduled runs on either Weekend Teams (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays) or Wednesday Teams (Wednesday) so that each team runs about once a month. Currently we are only seeking volunteers for Weekend Teams.
Runs begin about 5pm and finish at 8:30pm at the latest.
- Collect bread from local donors as delegated by your team leader.
- Stock vans with supplies for runs.
- Collect soup from St John of God Hospital.
- Drive vans on set routes (if you have a Driver’s Licence).
- Serve clients soup and bread.
- Talk to and engage with clients.
- Unpack and clean vans and Shed.
- Support for the values of Bunbury Soup Van.
- A friendly and non-judgemental attitude.
Volunteers also need to attend scheduled training sessions and participate in fundraising and busy bee events from time to time, to support the ongoing operations of the organisation.
Register your interest If you are interested in working with us, please apply here and we will send you the full application form.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Volunteers need either a National Police Check OR a Working with Children Check.
Four hours approximately once per month on either a weekend OR a Wednesday according to our roster. Attendance at adhoc fundraising and busy bee events from time to time.Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events