About this opportunity
**Main activities **
- Set strategic direction and scope for the management of the environment discipline, including the implementation of effective risk management, compliance, and performance strategies.
- For branding by teaming with marketing and communications managers to proactively market the brand and increase ethical pride, to show the public that the company takes social responsibility seriously.
- Provide up to date intelligence (as a result of legislative changes), analysis, expert advice and recommendations to General Management and Senior Executive Team.
- Monitor changes to local and international environmental policies.
- Co-ordinate system and process audits to ensure compliance with environmental standards requirements.
- Manage the risk assessment process.
- Design and implement strategies to reduce environmental incidents/breaches.
- Monitor trends in breaches, record, review and ensure corrective/preventative action is carried out.
- Provide timely reports to the General Manager and the executive team.
- Manage budgets associated with environmental management initiatives, including strategic policy initiatives.
- Promote and coordinate awareness of environmental protection policies and strategies and other regulatory requirements and obligations within the organisation.
- Strategies for new social activities that may create voluntarily efforts among staff.
**Key skills **
- High level of strategic planning skills in safety, including the implementation of effective risk management, compliance and performance strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of environment and emergency management regulatory requirements.
- High-level leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills, including consultation, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- People management skills.
**External contacts ** Environmental specialists, Regulatory bodies, and customers.
**Experience ** 3+ years’ experience plus relevant tertiary qualifications in business or communications
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per month (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Mandate Reporting/Child Safety, Mental Health, First Nations/Cultural Awareness, Fair Work Ombudsman Trainings, and others as negotiated.