About this opportunity
- Duration 3 months
- Location Canberra
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
About CARE Australia
CARE is an international humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We know that supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities. We depend on support from the Australian public to carry out our work.
CARE Australia is a member of the CARE International confederation. We strive for a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
For more than 30 years, CARE Australia has earned an international reputation for our ability to respond quickly to emergency situations in countries as diverse as Haiti, Pakistan and East Africa. We are also renowned for our innovative, sustainable and effective long-term development projects. All our projects are designed to equip the people we support with skills and resources so they can take charge of their lives and work towards a better future.
CARE Australia is directly responsible for program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as management and contractual control of all projects. As a consequence, we have a high degree of accountability and transparency. CARE Australia is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world.
About the Role
The Finance Support Volunteer will assist the finance team to scan and achieve financial documents in the Canberra office.
Your contribution to CARE Australia
- Assist finance team to scan documents as required
- Sort and achieve finance files including binding, light lifting, print labels
- Assist finance team filing documents as required
Attributes you will bring to our work
- Demonstrated initiative, proven organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships in a small, diverse and busy team, and with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges and to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of and adherence to CARE’s policies on protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child abuse.
How to register your interest?
Applicants should submit a resume to Lili, Head of Finance, via [email protected]
- Accounting & Finance