About this opportunity
Are you a young person with a passion for human rights? Hoping to kick-start your activism? Are you wanting to join a group of people and produce actual change? You’re in the right place!
Amnesty International Australia is looking for high-school student volunteers to join our Youth Leadership Committee! As a member of AIA’s YLC, you will work alongside a group of fellow students and work towards projects that bring awareness to human rights breaches, and social change.
Details of role:
- Work alongside a group of 30+ students in projects that centre around bringing awareness and support to human rights of your interest
- Be under the supervision of trusted facilitators to assist your team when needed
- Meet on a fortnightly or monthly basis depending on your project and team management
Suitable candidates will have/be:
- A currently enrolled high-school student (aged 14-18)
- A passion for human rights and activism!
- Communication skills and a great team player
- Critical thinker and research skills
- Time commitment to stay onboard a 6 month+ project*
- No professional experience needed! Simply have the drive to motivate fellow young people to be the change they want to see in the world!
*Length of project is still TBD *Program will go for around 6+ months, whereas time-commitment can be shorter depending on available projects and students' time
Applications open: March 3rd 2021 Applications close: (has been extended to) April 25th 11:59PM
Time period: 6+ months (definite time-period to be told) Position: Student-Volunteer
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be great for this role and what makes you passionate about human rights, here: [email protected]
- Eligible applicants will be invited to an online interview via Zoom
- Successful interview candidates will be informed via email and sent parental consent forms and induction documents about working for Amnesty International Australia
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Accepted candidates will undergo a compulsory 2-hour induction to properly understand the program and our organisation