About this opportunity
About the role:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and is continually looking to improve the quality of their work with a focus on product users and better ways to solve problems for them and preferably an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our growing digital solutions team.
This role has a focus on creating innovative digital experiences, incorporating visual and interaction design to help deliver an exceptional experience and work on existing and new features, and the evolution of our web, app and other company wide visual assets.
Working closely with architects, front-end developers and back-end developers, leveraging your knowledge and experience to design solutions which meet the needs of our end users.
What You’ll Do
- Prototype, test and work closely with Front-end Developers
- Create UX artifacts such as customer journey maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Supporting the business and Digital Marketing product owners in delivering the required customer experiences
- Work to ensure preferably that solutions are WCAG accessible, flexible, and scalable.
- Contributing to the continuous evolution of the Digital platform in line with current technology
- Working as an active participant in an Agile delivery team
- Working with a team to analyse project / business requirements and transform these into process flows, diagrams and story boards.
- Product testing, feedback and participating in continuous improvement.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice in Design Thinking, Human-Centred design, agile UX environment for web/mobile applications.
- Understanding of how UI design is implemented across responsive interfaces and some understanding of the backend system / API integration process.
- Understanding of user journeys, user flows and information architecture.
- Experience using tools for UX/UI and visual design.
- Exposure to Asana, Jira or similar project management systems.
- A passion to lead and bring future direction to innovative concepts with a willingness to think outside of the square.
- Ability to work with a flexible and open-minded approach to feedback. Willing to give and receive constructive feedback to iterate and improve designs
- Comfortable and confident in stakeholder management, and the facilitation of workshops and review sessions
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organization is a great place to be.
- We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentor-ship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
- You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
- Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn profile
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment
Timing is flexible as we work remotely from homeSuitable for
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- IT & Web Development
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
Training Support will be provided on the ERP tool