About this opportunity
About the role:
You will be part of a IT & Digital Marketing team and work alongside a UX/UI designer and a content writer building new websites, maintaining and providing support for existing ones, and monitoring the security of our digital assets. You will be taking our ideas and turn them into attractive and functional websites for our various projects. You will be responsible for the setup, configuration and implementation of WordPress and required plugins as well as any site integrations and security updates.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the marketing team and graphic designer to discuss website design and functional requirements
- Designing and building the website front-end using supplied designs (static pages, interactive pages including forms)
- Creating and maintaining the website architecture (page structure, navigation schemes, theme styles, etc.)
- Ensuring cross-compatibility and responsiveness of websites at all times
- Conducting website performance tests and working with our IT team to continually improve performance
- Troubleshooting content issues & Website maintenance
- Server side tasks (uploading, editing, redirect pages etc.)
- Multimedia design work (Banners, Logos, Business Cards, vouchers etc.)
- Optimising elements of existing landing pages.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Be conscious of the technical SEO efforts within the team and keep site structure and other SEO optimised alongside our SEO function;
- Google Analytics
- Tag Manager
- Google AdWords
- Database work (mainly from SQL Server on cPanel)
- SSL (Purchase and install)
- Adhere to Agile development methodology;
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer;
- Do device optimisation of the design specially for mobile and tablets;
- Comfortably use visual page builders like Thrive theme builder, Oxygen, Divi, Elementor or WPBakery etc;
- Test and debug your web pages or, code and other forms and UI elements.
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organization is a great place to be.
- We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentor-ship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
- You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
- Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn profile
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment
Timing is flexible as we work remotely from homeSuitable for
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Counselling & Help Line
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Training Support will be provided