About this opportunity
What we offer • Training in Parenting programs and the opportunity to learn more about emotionally intelligent parenting. • Training on how to become a mentor and make a positive change in someone’s life. • Ongoing support by the Parenting Education Officer to provide the best service for the families. • Ability to learn more about the services we offer and get hands on experience in community service delivery. • As part of our valued volunteer community, you would have access to our new staff room and the coffee machine with multitude of flavour options. • You would enjoy the opportunity to have periodic team meetings to share and learn from your peers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to give back to the community, willing to commit an agreed number of hours to your mentees, participate in training, have or willing to acquire a Working with Vulnerable People Card and have reliable mode of transportation please send a one-page cover letter addressing the positive changes you can make in a parent’s life together with your resume to our Parenting Education Officer. We encourage people with previous or current experience in education, community service or health sector to apply. Uniting Care Kippax pride in welcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged, people with disabilities and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
Driver's Licence (C) . Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *. Traffic Check *. Working with Children Check *.
• As a Parent Mentor you would provide guidance based on a combination of training and personal experience.
• Communicate openly without judgement.
• Have tolerance, respect for individual differences, opinion and perspectives. Be respectful of different socio-economic dynamics, cultural and linguistical backgrounds.
• Have a good understanding of acceptable personal and professional boundaries.
Minimum 6 month engagement. 2 hours per week - more if available.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training