About this opportunity
You will matched with a group of 2 – 4 people with disabilities (and possibly another volunteer) and lead the group to organise and attend social activities in the community. You will foster social inclusion and mentor participants to develop skills in communication, negotiation and planning that will empower them to meet up with friends for social activities independently or with minimal support.
Benefits to you:
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Increase your confidence and motivation
- Enhance your CV
- Increase your circle of friends
- Fulfilment and personal growth
- Uncover implicit bias (learned subconscious beliefs) and lead a richer life whilst creating a more inclusive society
- Have fun!
If you would like to know more please apply and indicate if you have any specific questions. More information and a full position description will be provided in the initial stages of recruitment.
National Police Certificate *.
CAWS will organise and pay for your police check if you don't have one already
4-8 hours per month (approx.)Suitable for
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
Online training (4 hours - assistance is available), Group or individual session (2 hours), Specific training regarding the people you are matched with where required.Reimbursement
Reimbursement available for travel