About this opportunity
Are you a good communicator? Can you help us promote our services to the public? APPLY NOW!
In 2021, Travellers Aid will have a presence at pop up events across the City of Melbourne such as the Australian Open and Moomba Festival.
Travellers Aid service users include people with a permanent disability, temporary impairment or those with age-related mobility challenges who require assistance when travelling.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable that can help us pilot, observe and understand the current needs of Melbourne, to rebuild and recover the broader community.
A day in the life of a Connection Assistance Volunteer
- Volunteers will provide assistance in the form of wheelchair assistance, personal guidance, trio bike and buggy service.
- Based at different transport hubs and event spaces within the City of Melbourne, Seymour and surrounds.
- Volunteers will be required to observe and understand the needs of the public and demonstrate how we can assist.
- This role is suitable for volunteers who don't mind wearing multiple hats and has flexible availability.
Please note: We have a variety of different customer service roles available, so please get in contact with us for further information.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Hours depend on events. Some evening and weekend work is available. Flexible shift arrangements available.Suitable for
- Groups of 10 or more
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Buggy Training, Trio Bike Training, Infection Control TrainingReimbursement
Travel costs to and from volunteering will be reimbursed