About this opportunity
We are looking for several individuals skilled with graphic design, and who have paying clients or run their own agency, to contribute to some ad hoc graphic design projects. This might be suitable for those looking to build out their portfolio, or who are looking to donate a number of their working hours to a charity as part of giving back.
These are generally going to be small projects and likely no more than 16 hours a month (4 hrs a week), and on an ongoing basis for as long as you are happy to help us out.
Interested applicants will be asked to submit examples of their work or portfolio, and design qualifications. It is essential to have career experience as a graphic designer or paying clients, as we are only looking for those with adequate experience and quality design.
Alternatively, if you run a design agency and are able to help us as a pro bono client, we would welcome some pro bono assistance.
- Design simple items such as event flyers, social media images, and fundraising campaign images.
- Our volunteers will generally have drafted all of the text ready for you to use, and have some idea of the brief or concept.
- Design to the required print ready specifications of various companies/printers for various projects.
- Completed Australian TAFE or university graphic design courses or qualifications.
- Access to the full Adobe suite with your own licence.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
This is an online role and you will be working autonomously.
16 hours a month (4 hrs a week)Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Writing & Editing