About this opportunity
****What do LEO Clubs do? **** LEO Clubs are a youth organisation of Lions Clubs International. The word "LEO" stands for Leadership, Experience, Opportunity. LEO clubs encourage youths to develop leadership qualities by participating in social service activities. Why should I join an LEO/Lions Club? Lions and LEO Club Members making a difference throughout the world every day, one Lion/LEO at a time. There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone's life. Lions are doing good- for others and for themselves. Joining a local LEO or Lions club is a great way to network with other people in your community, make a difference and make new friends. Your position is negotiable on your skills, experience, availability, passion, resources, etc. LEO's work together to deliver projects that will help to make the world a better place. LEO' s serve their communities; gain experience; learn new skills; have fun; make friends; develop teams; become leaders; seize opportunities; build a better future.
Objective of the role: The Secretary is a LEO who is responsible for reporting Leo club officers, members and service activities to the Leo Club Program Department and the sponsoring Lions club.
Responsibilities: • Timely maintenance of club reports. • Actively Communicate between board, management, and members. • Scheduling meetings and ensuring meetings are held, in accordance with organisation by laws. • Ensuring accurate minutes of meetings is prepared and approved. • Recording minutes of meeting and circulating them to members before meetings. • Ensure using appropriately secured electronic storage of key documents as a backup. • Ensure official records are maintained of members of the organization and Board so that these records are available when required for reports, elections, referenda, other votes, etc.
Successful candidates will have their own reliable internet, computer access and phone. To be considered for this role, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
• Relevant experience in similar role is preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Public Speaking and Decision making.
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Ensure time to time report writing for the club.
• Great work ethic, ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
• Accountability for the roles and responsibilities.
• Time management and Team working
- 18+ years of age.
5-10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Animals
- Writing & Editing
Out of pocket expenses for delivering programs.