About this opportunity
The Secretary has particular responsibility for ensuring that the business of board or committee meetings is documented, including decisions that are taken, and ensuring that the meeting papers are circulated in advance of meetings. They may also take the minutes in the meeting, but this can also be done by someone else and checked by the Secretary.
- Ensure accurate minutes of all meetings are taken and that these are properly filed.
- Compile a correspondence list including letters received and sent, and bring to the attention of the meeting any correspondence that requires immediate attention.
- Ensure that correspondence is properly filed and up-to-date and is available for any member to examine.
- Ensure that copies of the minutes and any relevant agenda papers are distributed to Committee members before the next meeting with adequate time for minutes and papers to be read by Committee members.
- Keep a Register of members and Committee members.
- Maintain the Committee orientation kit and provide a copy to all new Committee members on appointment to the Committee.
- Ensure the policies and procedures dealing with the business of the Committee are kept up-to-date and adhered to by Committee members.
- Exercise delegation of authority and expenditure as determined by the Committee.
Working with Children Check *.
Relevant experience - would suit retired secretary. Must be friendly and work well with others.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
Training can be provided