About this opportunity
We are looking for friendly male volunteers with a genuine empathy for older people in aged care to organise various activities throughout the month. Time commitment no more than 15 hours per month
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
To enjoy and succeed in this volunteer role, you must have a genuine empathy for older people and enjoy participating in various activities including socialising and networking, woodworks and fixing things. No formal qualifications required; however the following are essential to be successful in this role:
• Alignment to our Values and ‘Love to See’ behaviors.
• Ability to communicate and interact with dementia residents.
• Compassion and genuine empathy for older people.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Enjoy participating in tasks and activities in a group.
• Genuine interests helping seniors.
• National Police Clearance (screened in accordance with the organisations policies)
• Influenza vaccination on an annual basis.
• Signed statutory declaration.
• Complete mandatory trainings and orientation.
11am-2pm every second Tuesday of the monthSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Garden Maintenance
- Seniors & Aged Care
We will offer orientation trainings and some mandatory trainings specific to your volunteer role